Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Long Weekend of Prop Building

I am taking advantage of a long weekend to do some prop building in the garage. I mixed up a batch of paper mache for a couple of projects.
Here is the beginning of my first ground breaker.
Here are a couple of pumpkins that will be carved and corpsed.
I am also cutting down the rest of my bottles to make more Halloween lanterns.
I made another huge haul of foam sheets for tombstones while dumpster diving. The sheets on the left measure 24" wide and 40" tall. The sheets on the right measure 16" wide and 45" tall. All of the sheets are 2 1/2" thick. The two different sizes should yeild a good variety of tombstone shapes.
I salvaged 34 sheets of each size of foam. I could have brought even more home; but my wife would have killed me. This should be enough...for this year.

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Good haul! Looking good. I love the lantern idea.

Happy Haunting.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Closed Cell Foam Structure– Styrofoam cutting products feature closed cell structure and maintain their R-value over time. The extruded polystyrene insulation products offer the highest moisture resistance of any foam plastic insulation. The result is high compressive strength and unparalleled resistance to water penetration. The polyisocyanurate insulation products do not readily absorb moisture. For more info visit at styrofoam-online.co.uk